Squash Casserole. Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty This is a very good casserole. Squash Casserole is an essential dish for holidays and special meals. Topped with a buttery Squash Casserole is a one of those recipes that you'll find for nearly every holiday, reunion, or.
This classic Southern-style squash casserole recipe is the one you're always looking for. It's got yellow squash, cheese, and eggs, and is covered with a buttery cracker crumb topping. Paula Deen's Cheesy Squash Casserole recipe from Food Network gets its richness from Parmesan, cheddar and a special cracker topping. You can have Squash Casserole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash Casserole
- It’s 3 of lbs. of zucchini and yellow squash.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of chopped onion.
- You need 2 of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 Tbl of Canola Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbl of butter.
- It’s 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- Prepare of Grated cheese.
Yellow Squash Casserole is a classic Southern side dish. Sliced squash is baked in a cheesy cream sauce and topped with a buttery cracker crumble. Squash Casserole is a classic side dish recipe that's so easy to make! Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with yellow squash, this is the perfect Thanksgiving side!
Squash Casserole step by step
- Chop up all your vegetables first. Sometimes I do this the night before..
- Melt butter and heat oil in a large saucepan on low to medium heat..
- Add in the garlic and onion and stir occasionally until browned..
- Add the bell pepper, tomato, and ground pepper. Stir occasionally until a little soft..
- Meanwhile, place the chopped squash in a casserole dish. I usually arrange in a spiral pattern covering the whole surface of the bottom of the casserole dish. Pile the squash up until it is about half-way full..
- Take the mixture from the sauce pan and pour it on top of the squash. Place some grated cheese on top. I like to use organic, sharp cheddar cheese. However, you an also use Parmasean or whatever else you like..
- Cover the casserole dish and place in oven at 375 degrees. Bake for about 20-30 minutes..
Squash casserole is a classic meat-and-three side dish that binds mild summer squash with a creamy cheddar sauce — and did I mention the whole thing is topped with a buttery cracker topping? This Squash Casserole from Delish.com is the best way to use up your summer squash. Casseroles are always a fall favorite and this recipe is no exception. Use whatever squash your farmer's market has, along with onion, cheddar and sour cream. Onion and cheddar cheese perk up the rich flavor of summer squash in this comforting casserole.