Simple Cola-Ketchup BBQ Sauce.
You can cook Simple Cola-Ketchup BBQ Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Cola-Ketchup BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 cups of cola (I like Mexi Coke. Clearer cola flavor, and cane sugar instead of HFCS.).
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/4-1/3 cup of brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like your sauce and how sweet your soda and ketchup already are.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of vinegar, depending on how tart/acidic you like things (distilled white, red wine, apple cider, and Balsamic would all work fine).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Simple Cola-Ketchup BBQ Sauce instructions
- Put all the ingredients in a large sauce pan, turn the heat on to medium, and give everything a few good stirs. Bring the mixture up to a gentle boil for about two minutes. (This should take somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes depending on the temperature of your ingredients, the type of pot you have, and how hot your medium is.).
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced by about a third. If you can scrape solids off the bottom of your pot, the heat's too high, and you should turn it down just a little..
- Let the sauce cool and then put it in a lidded container and refrigerate between uses. That's it. Enjoy!.